15 Jan Site Services Coordinator
Location – Little Barford Power Station
Closing Date – 2 February 2024
Who is RWE?
RWE Generation SE is responsible for power generation with gas, hard coal, hydrogen, hydropower and biomass. Our approximately 18,000 employees operate power plants in Germany, UK, Netherlands and many other countries.
In the UK, RWE is one of the largest power producers and a leading renewable generator supplying around 15% of UK electricity with a diverse operational portfolio of onshore wind, offshore wind, hydro, biomass and gas, amounting to over 9.3GW.
Main Purpose of the Role
Working as an integral member of the site maintenance team, utilising your background knowledge and experience in facilities management, contract management and site services common in heavy industry.
As the Site Services Co-ordinator your role is to provide end-to-end support to the asset within your discipline area. The role is responsible for ensuring the delivery of day-to-day, project and outage service needs utilising contract labour and equipment to facilitate work requirements.
Focusing on safety of the workers is key, together with a sound understanding of budget control, establishment of priorities, quality of work and driving productivity to ensure required timescales are achieved.
- Day to Day routine maintenance activities – relating to service contracts. This includes but are not limited to:
- Ground maintenance
- Waste management
- Domestic cleaning
- Industrial cleaning
- Scaffolding services
- Lagging insulation services
- Civil works projects
- Development and review of the short term maintenance strategies with a view to improving plant / site conditions
- Engineer and implement plant modifications in line with site modifications procedures. This could include working with the central engineering staff for implementation of plant improvement projects.
- Be responsible for identification and delivery of key maintenance tasks during regime outages to optimise reliability of plant and breakdown conditions
- Support the Central Engineering team during large outage periods taking responsibility for identified work packages and services requirement – From initiations stage through to delivery and review.
- Plan and implement small projects or routine activities by contractors on site ensuring safe working methods and quality of work is maintained.
- Health, safety & environmental compliance – The safety of our employees is paramount, in this role you will meet both legislative and corporate requirements and standards on safety whilst taking ownership of plant and equipment policies & procedures. You will also ensure operational process safety compliance whilst supporting the wider business’ targets and initiatives relating to health and safety.
- Budget management and cost control, ensuring station maintenance expenditure is within approved budgets and plans with effective management of resources.
- Establish recourse requirements to complete support service needs during plant outage period, ensuring work is completed within allocated timeframes by coordinating contract labour of various disciplines to facilitate the needs of the outage team
Knowledge and skills
- A high standard of knowledge and experience in the role of services / facilities management within a heavy industrial environment.
- Experience in planning and implementation of activities based on priority of work, logical approach to coordination with proven understanding of the project planning process. Knowledge of planning tools such as MS Project would be an advantage.
- Coordination / management of scaffold activities during extensive work activities in heavy industry. Scaffold knowledge in line with BS EN 12811 would be an advantage.
- Ability to ensure optimum productivity is achieved from service providers whilst maintaining a safe environment – Ability to think logically and react to changing events.
- Experience of working in & leading teams with strong people & communication skills. A proven track record of high performance in a facilities / services role.
- Strong team working skills and be able to operate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Sound knowledge on power generation safety management systems including system Safety Rules and experience in Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, regulations and directives.
- Proven Contract and project management experience is essential to enable key duties to be assigned
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with constantly changing priorities. Attention to detail is essential; methodical, innovative, numerate, analytical and well organised.
What we will offer you
- An expected starting salary from £48,000 to £63,000 depending on experience and up to 10% annual bonus (depending on experience)
- A personal retirement savings plan – if you put in 5% we will top up by a further 10% and you will get life assurance worth 4 x annual salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pro-rata
- Company Paid Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- One free professional membership subscription
- Access to flexible benefits such as Critical Illness, Dental Plan, Health Cash Plan, Share Incentive Plan, Cycle2Work, Electric Car Lease Scheme, Buy Additional Annual Leave and retail savings scheme
- Occupational Health support services for your wellbeing
- Access to our employee assistance programme in times of need
- Up to 2 days volunteering a year