15 Jan Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location – Little Barford Power Station
Contract Type – Permanent
Closing Date – 02/ 02 /2024
Who is RWE?
RWE Generation SE is responsible for power generation with gas, hard coal, hydrogen, hydropower and biomass. Our approximately 18,000 employees operate power plants in Germany, Great Britain, the Netherlands and Turkey.
In the UK, RWE is one of the largest power producers and a leading renewable generator supplying around 15% of UK electricity with a diverse operational portfolio of onshore wind, offshore wind, hydro, biomass and gas, amounting to over 9.3GW.
Main Purpose of Job
- Working as an integral member of the site maintenance team, utilising your experience in mechanical engineering, preferably in a power station environment but alternative heavy industry are a consideration
- Provide end-to-end support to the asset within your area of discipline. Ensuring the technical delivery of day-to-day maintenance in accordance to the strategy.
- Responsible for plant defect management, short and long term outage delivery. Making sure projects and tasks are executed to the correct quality on time and within budget
- Contract management for either day-to-day activities or specific projects.
- Day to Day maintenance of plant development and review of the short term maintenance strategies with a view to improving reliability of plant
- Engineer and implement plant modifications in line with site modifications procedures.
- Responsible for identification and delivery of key maintenance tasks during regime outages
- Support the Central Engineering team during large outage periods taking responsibility for identified work packages
- Plan and implement mechanical projects or routine activities by contractors on site ensuring safe working methods and quality of work is maintained
- Health, safety & environmental compliance
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with stakeholders/partners including with our team of Engineering & Outage (E&O) specialists and the Operations
- Providing subject area technical support to the Maintenance Technicians.
- Budget management and cost control
- Continuous Improvement, including identifying areas where the power plant staff can learn from practices in place within the RWE Generation portfolio.
Knowledge and skills
- Discipline specific maintenance expertise at an engineer’s level with the ability to influence station management while possessing the interpersonal skills to operate a strong team based environment.
- A demonstrated track record of applying advice into tangible outcomes on plant, owning tasks & projects from conception through to delivery and handover through internal or contract management of external resource.
- Experience of working in & leading teams
- A proven track record of high performance in an asset role
- Experience in the management of sophisticated plant issues, and able to provide advice to operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Sound knowledge on power generation safety management systems including system Safety Rules and experience in Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, regulations and directives.
- A strong understanding of the wider power generation processes
- Ability to deal with constantly changing priorities
- A demonstrated commercial acumen to pitch their technical approach in line with the market that our plant operate within. Supporting business planning and O&M / E&O risk and opportunity routine
What we offer our people:
- Salary – £50K to £70K (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus of up to 15% of salary
- 25 days annual leave
- A personal retirement savings plan – if you put in 5% we will top up by a further 10% and you will get life assurance worth 4 x annual salary
- Company Paid Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- One free professional membership subscription
- Access to flexible benefits such as Critical Illness, Dental Plan, Health Cash Plan, Share Incentive Plan, Cycle2Work, Electric Car Lease Scheme, Buy Additional Annual Leave and retail savings scheme