05 Feb Claims Handler
We are currently looking for people who are looking for a new challenge within the water damage Industry, we are looking for someone passionate about helping policyholders , going through extra mile to get them back into their property as quickly as possible.
As a claims handler you will be responsible for managing the claim throughout its lifecycle, ensuring that all parties are kept informed of progress, your responsibilities would include :
- Take reports of new claims from our clients / customers and allocating to appropriate engineers.
- Close liaison with all interested parties throughout the claim lifecycle.
- Answer and manage all calls in an efficient, professional and empathetic manner.
- Identify and respond to customer needs, proactively communicating to reduce failure demand.
- Provide support for our restoration technicians, communicating challenges and helping to problem solve any issues.
- Update the online claims management system and any other online system.
- Manage claims from end-to-end, ensuring they are closed in a timely manner and that subsequent invoicing is clear and consistent.
- Identify and handle complaints and escalate to the team leader, as necessary.
- Ensure processing deadlines are met as required.
- Develop technical knowledge in order to support engineers and insurance companies.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by your line manager or any other person designated in their absence.
- Knowledge or experience of claims is ideal however we will consider candidates who have experience of working in a customer facing/office environment
- Highly organised, good level of attention to detail and can prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to manage complex situations
- Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customers, understanding that our customer could be distraught and concerned following an incident.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Active listening skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Ability to manage own workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Commitment to the customer environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Team player – willing to share knowledge with others
- IT Literate – Confidently operating across multiple systems / portals.
- Passionate about service delivery excellence.
Please enquire on 01480 869469 or email your CV to
Home and office working available
22k per annum