09 Feb Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
We’re looking for Civil Engineering Degree Apprentice to join our Kier Professional Services team based in Cambridge, working towards a Level 6 apprenticeship in Civil Engineering
Thinking of going to university? But also want to gain practical skills and earn at the same time? We might just have the programme for you. The Kier Degree apprenticeship programme offers you the opportunity to study for a degree, completely cost free, all whilst gaining practical experience in our industry.
Salary: £18,000 per annum – With an earning potential of £35k+ upon completion of the course!
Start date: Sept 2024
How does a degree apprenticeship work?
As Civil Engineering Degree Apprentice you’ll have the opportunity to gain practical experience whilst you study towards a BEng Civil Engineering with our university partner, Coventry, with all tuition and accommodation fees covered by us.
You’ll work closely with the Kier Professional Services team, our in-house team of consulting engineers, providing temporary works designs, permanent works designs and technical support to the whole of the Kier Group.
Your day to day will include:
- Permanent Works design for buildings, highways, housing and infrastructure, as part of an integrated design and construct offering
- Temporary Works design and checking, above and below ground in all materials, integrated with Permanent Works design as applicable
- Tender and bid winning support including outline design schemes, feasibility studies, production and evaluation of concepts; focussed on buildability, efficiency and innovation; enabling cost estimates to be developed
- attending university during pre-determined block weeks to attend lectures and meet other students on your course
What are we looking for?
To enrol onto your degree, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs (Including English Language and Science Level 4 or above, and Maths Level 5 or above)
- 96 UCAS Points from a minimum of 3 A-Levels, it is essential that one of these subjects must be A-Level Maths (or equivalent BTEC Level 3 qualifications in relevant subjects with a high maths content)
To apply as a mature student, you will need at least 5 years’ experience in a related career.
We’re all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! So even if you don’t tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat.
Rewards and benefits
We are proud to be able to offer our brilliant people a variety of flexible benefits that you can tailor to your needs. You can see more information of benefits here.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a high priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies. You can see our D&I action plan here.
We look forward to seeing your application to join the #constructionrevolution #joinkier
Recruitment timeline for degree apprenticeship roles at Kier
March 2024: Initial applications
April 2024: Video interviews
June 2024 onwards: Assessment centres/Interviews